The Nordic network/project Aesthetic learning and qualified empathy in arts and social education” researches and seeks to create aesthetic educational modules and innovative strategies for professional development and implementation in a diversity of fields in higher education.
The partnership and collaboration between three Nordic higher education institutions:
- Zealand University College of SocialEducation, Roskilde, Denmark
- Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
- Metropolia University of Applied Sciences, Helsinki, Finland
Was formed on the basis of the recognition that there is a crying need for more compassion and empathy between human beings and with nature in the modern world. We need to care for the well-being and flourishing of our own and future environment as well as ourselves and our fellow human beings. Ensuring a safe and just environment for humanity entails taking responsibility for our future. Empathic understanding between individuals and groups is imperative.
The overall goals and objectives are to
- investigate and gain insight into the complexity of the term ’qualified empathy’ through the exploration of diverse approaches in theory and practice
- exchange best aesthetic and social pedagogical practices to teach qualified empathy and create modules for cross- professional curricula
- initiate and sustain student and teacher exchange between partner institutions
- establish an international qualified empathy
The nature of this project is Nordic cooperation and a respectful exchange of different cultural perspectives. The outcomes including the development of the network and the understanding acquired through intercultural experiences will be disseminated in seminars, courses, articles etc. throughout the project period.